Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Office: 212-688-1000 Cell: 917-744-4017Download Contact
Originally from England. Matt relocated to New York in 2004 following a 5 year spell in the Caribbean. When he did, he brought over twenty years’ experience of exceptional customer service to Rutenberg and the skills he honed during his dynamic career. A man of many trades, Matt previously worked in finance, hospitality and the sports industry.
Matt has developed his work ethic and proven himself to be dedicated, compassionate and detail oriented. He listens meticulously to his customers needs and with his strong negotiating skills you can guarantee to get the best deal possible. Matt takes great pride in his ability to give individualized attention and help his customers find exactly what they are looking for.
Matt understands the importance of building a strong relationship with all of his customers and considers them all to be part of an extended family.
In his spare time Matt loves to spend time with his wife and his 2 young children and enjoys traveling, hiking and plays and coaches soccer. Matt is also an active member of the NYC Dads group.
Matt is also a licensed real estate broker in Florida.
• "My husband and I worked with Matt for 6 months. During our apartment hunt Matt could always be counted on for a quick response, which is key given that we're both extremely busy. He was also constantly on the lookout for the perfect place for our family. He knew what we were looking for and never wasted our time. Another big plus for Matt was his honesty. He always gave us a truthful opinion about the properties we looked at instead of just trying to get us to buy something. In the end, we landed in the best possibly place and could not be happier." Shawn Visco
• “Matt is a very responsive, reliable and an honest realtor. We used him to look for our first apartment in NYC, that we were planning to buy. He was very knowledgable about areas of NYC, prices and quality of apartments. Matt was very flexible with his schedule and ready too look day and night as we were tight on schedule and needed to move out from our place by a certain date. We worked with him for 6 months, as our first deal did not work out. Matt knew how to deal with other realtors, who represented sellers and gave us a lot of hints on how to best approach them. He also suggested great lawyers and served with advise till the end. We highly recommend Matt!” Aneta Szpyrka
• "Matt has been great to work with on multiple moves. He is very organized, thoughtful, and worked hard to show us exactly what we were looking for. Matt is very attentive and always made us feel as though our search was his #1 priority. We have recommended Matt to several friends; all of which have had just as great of an experience as us. Highly recommended." Bill Paugh
• "Matt did a great job in helping me find the perfect apartment that met all my requirements. He is honest & realistic when it comes to apartment hunting in NYC, and he didn't stop until I found exactly what I was looking for! I would highly recommend Matt to anyone looking for an straight-forward broker who knows the market extremely well!' Courtney Willson
• "Matt was a fantastic broker to work with. I always refer him to others seeking rentals in the city and will definitely use him in the future if I look to leave my current apartment. I spent two days looking at around 12 properties with Matt, all of which exactly matched my requirements. When I found the perfect apartment, Matt was also instrumental in helping me arrange the lease, especially as I had just moved to the US and had only foreign rental history and credit. Overall, working with Matt was a pleasure and I would recommend him to anyone." Erin Buckley
• "Matt is an amazing realtor. When we moved back to the city from Boston we only had one day to look at places. Matt was incredibly helpful and prepared more showings than we could have imagined. Every apartment we saw landed squarely within the list of things we were looking for, and most importantly matched our budget. By the end of the day we had our pick of the litter and signed on an amazing apartment. Matt is honest, professional and very knowledgeable. I highly recommend Matt to anyone looking for a place." Lindsay Soltis
• "Matt is such a great person to work with while renting out my apartment. He was knowledgable about the market and carefully guided me through the process including working with the stringent renting requirements. Because of his diligent work, my place was rent out within two weeks in Winter! Matt is honest, personal and professional. Totally different from other real estate agents I had worked with. Highly recommend!!" Christine Liao
• "Great service! Matt understood my wants and needs immediately and took me to the right places. He is very enthusiastic, friendly, responsive and help me find exactly what I was looking for in no time. I would totally recommend him to everyone." Leo Salazar
• "Excellent man, treats you like family. really looked out for me for two apartments in a row. Recommend him highly to anyone who wants a friend who genuinely cares in their realtor." Suchit Sadana
• "I am so glad that I found Matt when I needed to find a place in Manhattan within a very short period of time. He was right on the ball. He arranged multiple places for my family to view right away and we found the right one the same day.
It is an incredible experience and I think only a focused and sincere broker can perform like this!" JJ Cohen
• "Matt was wonderful. He responded to my initial inquiry while he was on vacation, and was overall extremely responsive. Most of his responses to questions were within an hour. He was very knowledgeable about the neighborhoods and what I could get in various price ranges. He did not push me above my price range at all, and was an excellent broker to work with overall. I found an apartment I was very pleased with. I would 100% recommend Matt to anyone looking to find an apartment in NYC. Very knowledgeable, responsive, and genuinely a pleasure to work with." Chris Koenig
• "Matt was an absolute pleasure to work with - professional, prompt and honest. He offered an educated view of the rental market and the buildings around lower Manhattan, and didn't stop sending me listings until I found the right fit. I also really appreciate that he was willing to try and negotiate on my behalf even when it was unlikely the building would lower the rental fee. Thanks to Matt, I ended up with an apartment that was even bigger than I'd hope to get and still stayed within my budget. Can't ask for much more than that." Stephanie Reese
• “I was lucky enough to work with Matt Soall when searching for my apt. He was extremely responsive, punctual, courteous and knowledgeable of the NYC apartment market. What I found extremely refreshing was he listened to what I asked for, and did not try to push me into something I didn’t want (i.e. higher asking price). I honestly believe he wants his clients to find the best apartment for them, even though it may be less financially beneficial to him. Matt is a very nice guy, and will work hard for you!!” Sam Morris
• “Working with Matt was a pleasure. He showed me only apartments that met the specifications I required and did not waste either of our time with anything else. We found a great place in a very short period of time, not even 24 hours after the first time we went out to look. Will definitely be keeping his card and look forward to working with him again in the future.” Ian Eftaxes
• “Matt pulled out all the stops to be able to deliver even when we threw a spanner in the works. He stuck with us when things seemed bleak, relieved our stress, and found an innovative solution quickly that worked well for all parties concerned. He is friendly, listens well, punctual, and organized. Even after closing the deal, he keeps tabs on how we're doing with the property owner/manager. I highly recommend him to anyone checking out property in NY.” Jose Eric Maglanque
• “I was able to get my client into the first apartment Matt showed me. We only saw one other place after that and within a couple of weeks, we were executing paperwork. I couldn't have asked for an easier process.” Mecia Hollar
• "Been renting space in NYC for 20 years, both commercial and residential. Matt has impressed me as one of the most professional and trustworthy agents I have ever worked with. Listens to his clients, and goes above and beyond what would be expected....Always on time, always represents his clients to the utmost of his ability and takes up the slack when the other agents drop the ball...recommend 1000%." Jason Denmark
• "Matt Soall has made the dreaded process of moving quite painless. He picked up on my taste after our first meeting and I think we only went out 3 times before finding Exactly what i was looking for. Everything was stream-lined and efficient. I couldn't be happier." Christine Gordon